Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Great Cat Debate


Wooster
Jeeves



THE LOVELY LADIES 









Do  cats help or inhibit writing?   My cats can sense when I'm sitting down to write.   Jeeves curls up in my lap and Wooster nests in front of my keyboard with her little chin resting on my arm.  I hate to wake them up.  So I stay at my desk just to let them sleep.  That's pretty helpful.  On the other hand, it's not easy to type with a cat resting on your arm.


On her website, Jane Yolen, an award winning children's author, writes that her secret to writing is BIC = butt in chair.  So maybe cats are the key to finishing a manuscript.


Post a comment and weigh in on the debate.

1 comment:

  1. Can we vote on which cat is more lap-worthy? I think the orange one is pretty sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete